On February 23, the Chicago Humanities Festival hosted Elizabeth Warren, a Harvard Law Professor hailed by Time Magazine as one of the “New Sheriffs of Wall Street.” The former Chair of the Congressional TARP Oversight panel, Warren currently serves as Assistant to President Obama and Special Advisor on Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
At one of her few public appearances since her appointment, Warren talked about her personal journey in public service and its culmination in the building of a new agency dedicated to protecting American consumers.
The Chicago Humanities Festival is thrilled to make Elizabeth Warren’s entire presentation available to stream online at http://www.chicagohumanities.org. Generously sponsored by the Alter family, this lecture honors the late Joanne H. Alter’s pioneering work on behalf of women interested in social action and public service.
- Elizabeth Warren goes after everyone for not taking banks to court… at all (tobiasbuckell.com)
- Good for Elizabeth Warren and her battle for students! (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Elizabeth Warren Has A New Idea That’ll Make You Swoon (upworthy.com)
- Elizabeth Warren is Right: Let Students Borrow at the Same Low Rate Big Banks Get (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Sigh. Elizabeth Warren Embarrasses Some Bank Regulators To Their Faces. Again. (upworthy.com)
- Is Senator Elizabeth Warren Preparing to Take on the Banksters Where Others Are Too Scared? (johnhively.wordpress.com)