April 22, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) (WLS) — An Amber Alert issued for a missing Maywood boy Bryeon Hunter was canceled. His mother, Lakesha Baker, is charged with his murder.
Baker’s boyfriend, Michael Scott, also faces first-degree murder charges in Bryeon’s death. Both were charged on Saturday.
Bryeon, 1, was reported missing on Tuesday. Baker told police three men attacked her and took off with the boy, prompting an Amber Alert. But prosecutors say Baker and Scott beat the boy when he wouldn’t stop crying, and dumped his body.
Read the entire article here.
Scouring local news some more I stumbled upon this article:
Bryeon Hunter search resumes at Des Plaines River
May 1, 2013 (MAYWOOD, Ill.) — Cook County Sheriff’s deputies returned to the Des Plaines River in their search for Bryeon Hunter, a toddler who has been missing since last month.
Deputies used dogs and boats to search for the missing 1-year-old boy Wednesday near First Avenue and Lake Street in Maywood. His mother, Lakesha Baker, first said the boy was abducted, but she and her boyfriend, Michael Scott, were later charged with first-degree murder. Prosecutors say Baker, 22, and Scott, 21, killed the child and dumped his body.
- Amber Alert: Bryeon Hunter from Maywood, IL since 4/16/2013 *Police believe he is dead* (mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com)
- Source: Police Believe Missing Maywood Child Is Dead (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Search resumes for missing boy in Maywood (cltv.com)
- Mother and Boyfriend charged with Murder in Missing Illinois Toddler Case (badbreeders.net)
- Prosecutors: Maywood mother, boyfriend fatally beat boy because he was ‘crying and whining’ (suntimes.com)
- Mother, Boyfriend Charged With Murder Of One-Year-Old (chicago.cbslocal.com)
- Mother, Boyfriend Charged with Killing Maywood Toddler (wgntv.com)