Introducing the superphone that’s also a full PC
- Your phone is more immersive, the screen is less cluttered, and you flow naturally from app to app with edge magic. The phone becomes a full PC and thin client when docked.
- With all-native core apps and no Java overhead, Ubuntu runs well on entry-level smartphones – yet it uses the same drivers as Android.
Designed to make all your phone content easier to access and your apps more immersive – every edge has a specific purpose, making all your apps, content and controls instantly accessible, without navigating back to the home screen every time.
- Ubuntu uses simple natural swiping gestures from the edges of the screen to make it easier than ever to access your content and switch between apps.
- A short swipe from the left edge of the screen is all it takes to reveal your favorite apps. There’s room for everything you use daily, available instantly from the welcome screen or any application.
- Page either left or right from the home screen to see the content you use most. A full left-to-right swipe reveals a screen showing all your open apps, while a swipe from the right brings you instantly to the last app you were using.
- A swipe from the right edge takes you back to the last app you were using; another swipe takes you back to the app you used before that.
- Swiping up from the bottom edge of the phone reveals app controls. You can hide or reveal them instantly, which means they don’t take up room on the screen, leaving you free to focus on the stuff
- Ubuntu includes native applications covering all the essentials you expect in a phone: telephony and voicemail, SMS and MMS, email, web browsing, photography, music and video.
The phone with the heart of a PC
High-end smartphones have a brain as powerful as ultra-light laptops. Ubuntu uniquely enables a new category of convergence device – phones that dock to become full PCs and thin clients – enabling enterprise IT departments to replace phones, thin clients and laptops with a single secure corporate device.
Here is a demo of the Ubuntu Phone for your enjoyment thanks to The Verge..