Harold Camping reaffirms October date for the end of the world, says May 21, 2011 date was ‘invisible judgment day’
These are the ones that give Christianity a bad name …
Radio evangelist Harold Camping said in a special broadcast Monday night on his radio program Open Forum that his predicted May 21, 2011 Rapture was “an invisible judgment day“ that he has come to understand as a spiritual, rather than physical event.
His former assertion was that a faithful three percent would be physically pulled into heaven by God through the Rapture on May 21, to be followed by a five month period of great suffering known as the Tribulation, ending, finally, on October 21. On Monday’s broadcast, Camping speculated that perhaps a merciful God decided to spare humanity five months of “hell on earth.”
No Man Knows the Day and Hour
36 But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for you know not what hour your Lord does come.
43 But know this, that if the owner of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.
A New Prophet Like Moses
20 But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die.’
21 And if you say in your heart, ‘How shall we know the word which the LORD has not spoken?’—
22 when a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.
- Harold Camping Predicts End Of World. Again. (hooglyboogly.co)
- Harold Camping-Judgment Day 21/10/11 (merovee.wordpress.com)
- Harold Camping-Judgment Day 21/10/11 (meroveeschild.wordpress.com)
- Harold Camping’s Back, With a Brand-New Doomsday Prediction (newsfeed.time.com)
- Apocalypse Part Deux: Rapture Pundit Names October 21 as End of Days (newsfeed.time.com)
- We Get To Make Fun of Harold Camping – Again! (scotteriology.wordpress.com)
- Harold Camping Has One More Chance To Witness End Of World (alan.com)
- Harold Camping Update: Rapture Will ‘Probably’ Finish Oct. 21 By Ray Downs (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Media touts Camping’s Rapture garbage again – and again it shall not come to pass (ktwop.wordpress.com)
- The Rapture Is Now Set For Oct. 21; Harold Camping Relevant For One More Week (mediaite.com)
If you like this post, please remember to share it. If you are visiting from Stumble upon, please do me a favor and click the I like it! button. It will be much appreciated. Thanks for visiting.