Your cellphone plan may more than likely come with a feature to allow you call a few #’s on any provider for free, aka the Friends and Family option.
Using Google voice, you can beat that system and extend it to send and receive all your calls for free. How to accomplish this you ask? Here’s how…
- Sign up for Google voice
- Go to your Call Settings Page
- Ensure Caller ID is set to Display my Google Voice number.
- Add your Google Voice number to your carrier’s respective friends and family plan.
- Pass your Google Voice number out to your friends.
Now go get yourself setup for free calls.
- How to Turn Google Voice into a Personal Assistant (lockergnome.com)
- Google Voice for tracking Spam (archshrk.com)